- Data Science: business data analytics, biomedical data analytics, engineering data analytics, data science platforms
- High Performance Computing: multi-core processors, GPUs, processor clusters, cloud computing
To create enabling technology (high performance computing systems) for solving data intensive and/or computationally hard problems in business data analytics, biomedical data analytics and engineering data analytics.
- High performance data analytics for business intelligence: Real-time online analytical processing (OLAP) for multi-core and cloud architectures
- High performance biomedical computing: Protein data analytics for protein-protein interaction prediction and drug design
- High performance data science platforms: Auto-tuning Hadoop and Spark