- Assignment 4 has been posted.
- Frank Dehne’s Office Hours: Fridays 1:00-2:00, room HP 5431 (except Nov.30)
- Lars Doyle’s Office Hours: Wednesdays 10-11, room HP 5356
Introduction to parallel architectures, programming languages and algorithms for processor clusters (clouds) and multi-core processors. Distributed memory architectures, cluster/cloud computing, message passing parallel programming, multi-core processors, shared memory parallel programming, use of thread libraries, parallel performance analysis. Prerequisites: COMP 2402, COMP 2404, COMP 3000.
- Marks (Midterm distribution)
- Textbook [OPTIONAL, do NOT buy prior to discussion in class]: “Elements of Parallel Computing” by Eric Aubanel – CRC Press, 2016
- CLR “Algorithms” book chapter on Cilk.
Lars Doyle (LarsDoyle@cmail.carleton.ca)
- Final exam: 45%
- Midterm: 15%
- 4 Assignments: 10% each (Late penalties. Up to 24 hrs: 10%. 24-48 hrs: 20%. 48-72 hrs: 50%. More than 72 hrs: 100%.)